Based in New York, United States
The notorious Blackbird's kracked, I mean, cracked! He believes Slime-san stole his treasure and unleashed his giant Kraken upon him! Sound familiar? It is now up to Slime-san to escape the giant squid's jaws back out to freedom!
Slime-san: Blaclbird's Kraken is a major DLC for Slime-san, the fourth major game developed by Fabraz. The three previous titles being Planet Diver, Cannon Crasha and Wild Wild Pixel. Slime-san is a game that is fun down to its very core. A silly story, with an unlikely character and gameplay that is addictively fast. It features hours of single player content yet is tailored for speed runners as well. The very core mechanics and level design lend themselves to be played competitively online. It is a visually unique adventure using a carefully crafted, 5 color palette world that is filled with fun and goofy Japanese references. It also has a soundtrack that is worth the price alone, featuring some of the most popular chiptune composers in the world! Published by Headup Games.
- A totally independent campaign from Slime-san! Are you ready for an aquatic adventure?
- 25 normal and 25 NG+ levels within a giant kraken!
- 10 target mode challenges that will test your skills!
- 200 Bananas to collect and spend in gameplay, clothing and furniture shops!
- A customizable house that you can style and furnish to your heart's content!
- Unlock different play styles and outfits!
- Exciting new mechanics like the submarine mode, acid bubbles and suction cups!
- A speedrunning mode to compete with in leaderboards!
- An entire tropical Island you can explore and discover with tons of characters!
- A bizarre FPS mini-game: Gloomy! Can you beat the alien invasion?!
- Loads of cutscenes and story elements to experience and enjoy!
- Secret characters and set-pieces to discover across your journey!
- Extensive settings to tinker with to customize your gaming experience!
- Music by Adhesive Wombat, FantomenK, Richard Gould and Mischa Perella!
- More secrets!
Slime-san: Blackbird's Kraken YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Official Selection of the Gamescom Arena Booth" August, 2016
- "IndiePrize Finalist: Tel Aviv" September 27, 2016
- "Game Development World Championship: Semi-finalist" October 31, 2016
- "Playcrafting 16Bit Awards: Best Style Nominee" November 23, 2016
- "IndiePrize Finalist: Berlin" December 23, 2016
- "Pax East: Best Indie (Marooners Rock)" March 11, 2017
- "Slime-San is the type of twitchy, lighting-quick platformer I‘m happy to spend hours dying in."
- Ethan Gach, Kotaku
- "It has done more than left its mark on fast-paced platformers; in several ways it’s redefined the genre for me, and I think it will do the same for you."
- Daniel Pruzina, Brash Games
- "It’s a game that’s easy to pick up when you have 5 minutes to spare only to realise that you’ve lost a couple of hours."
- Ian Howarth, Darkzero
- "Recommended if you like video games."
- Manuel Delgado Osuna, Equilateral
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Official Humble Monthly: Debut Title.
Humble Bundle humblebundle.com.
Part of the Swiss Games Delegation
Demo bundled in with the Indiebox
Published by Headup Games
German Publisher headupgames.com.
Vinyl by Black Screen Records
German Label blackscreenrecords.limitedrun.com.
Shown at GOOGLE Playcrafting
As seen here. playcrafting.com.
Shown at Playcrafting NYC
As seen here. playcrafting.com.
Exhibited at the Smithsonian Arcade
As seen here. americanart.si.edu.
Fabraz is an independent game development studio that prides its diversity both in design, and its developers. Drawing from minds and talent found in New York, Boston, Berlin, Zurich and Bangkok, it is a breeding ground of creativity. Their first game, the critically acclaimed Cannon Crasha, was an action-strategy title released for iOS and Android, and was featured as "...a sure-fire winner!" by Apple. Their second game, Planet Diver, was published on Steam and has been nominated for the Indie Prize, Momocon Indie Awards and was bundled in with the IndieBox. Their newest game, Slime-san, has been part of the official Indie Arena selection and is published by Headup Games. They're also behind a bunch of other exciting prototypes and game jams!
More information on Fabraz, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Slime-san: Blackbird's Kraken (DLC) Credits
Lead and Artist
Lead and Programmer
Saad Akter Ali