Based in New York, United States
December 1, 2015
Planet Diver is about an adventurous daredevil tackling her newest obsession: Interstellar wing suit diving. With her close robotic companion Buddy she'll travel across space to seek out the most dangerous planets and their respective chasms to dive in. You'll dive through a variety of deadly and exotic planets, fighting off the flora and fauna of each locale, while collecting valuable star stuff to further fund your adventures. Use your hard earned rewards to fly to more distant planets, as well as to acquire new outfits and special ability modifiers! Along the way you can compete online for the best dive or try to unlock rewards by completing tough challenges. Careful how deep you dive though... Who knows what slumbers within the planet's core?
Planet Diver is the third major game developed by Fabraz. The two previous titles being Cannon Crasha and Wild Wild Pixel. The development is led by Fabian Rastorfer and Ben Miller and the game is set to release December 1st 2015 for PC, Mac, Linux, iOs and Android simultaneously. Planet Diver’s core mechanics were designed to be “easy to learn but hard to master” and it took the team a cumulative 4500+ hours to develop over the course of a year.
- An extensive campaign made out of 3 planets, 9 biomes and 75 unique missions with a quirky story and challenges.
- An endless arcade mode for each planet that pushes the challenge to the limit.
- Carefully crafted, randomly generated chasms that make each dive unique!
- All planets have their own special biomes, obstacles, enemies and bosses!
- Fast paced gameplay where you need to avoid, brake and speed up like a pro diver!
- Unique obstacles and enemies like bats that follow your every move, lava that slowly cuts off your escape or a... giant whale?!
- A lot of terrifying boss fights that require fast reflexes and a sharp mind.
- A vibrant setting with a fun, quirky story to explore the depth of space!
- A cool astro shop full of unlockables like diving suits, modifiers and music!
- Competitive leaderboards for the score junkies out there!
- Plenty of hidden easter eggs that can be found throughout the extensive planet surfaces you explore!
- NEW: Speed running mode to compete for the fastest completion of each mission!
- NEW: Black hole mode that allows you to customize your dives by adjusting the chasm generation!
- PC EXCLUSIVES: Modified gameplay and level design, widescreen visuals, visual effects and enhanced particles, revamped menus with more features, extended settings, speed running mode, full gamepad support and Steam leaderboards/achievements/cards.
Primary Trailer YouTube
Secondary Trailer YouTube
10m Gameplay YouTube
Surface Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "MomoCon Indie Prize Finalist" March, 2016
- "IndiePrize Finalist: Singapore" April, 2016
- "Bundled with the IndieBox" April, 2016
- "Official Selection of the Gamescom Arena Booth" August, 2016
- "IndiePrize Finalist: Tel Aviv" September 27, 2016
- "In conclusion, this game is cool as hell and no one knows about it."
- Super Bunnyhop, Youtube Video
- "Planet Diver is a very good arcade game that is both humorous and engaging with its retro style that is quite enjoyable. Fabraz has managed to create a very agreeable game for the iPhone and iPad."
- Kick My Geek, Article
- "For those curious, Planet Diver is a curiosity worth playing."
- Hooked Gamers, Article
- "Planet Diver does a lot of things that I really, really like (…)"
- GameZebo, Article
- "Overall we had a lot of fun with Planet Diver and can certainly recommend it."
- Game Ramble, Article
- "Planet Diver was fun, and is definitely a recommended purchase to all gamers, and for a very cheap price to boot!"
- OPNoobs, Article
- "Wait, is that Ms. Pac-Man I see munching up pac-dots? Why yes, yes it is."
- Nintendo News, Article
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
List of Articles
All articles, features, videos and more on planet-diver.com.
Buy the music on fabraz.bandcamp.com.
Fabraz is an independent game development studio that prides its diversity both in design, and its developers. Drawing from minds and talent found in New York, Boston, Berlin, Zurich and Bangkok, it is a breeding ground of creativity. Their first game, the critically acclaimed Cannon Crasha, was an action-strategy title released for iOS and Android, and was featured as "...a sure-fire winner!" by Apple. Their second game, Planet Diver, was published on Steam and has been nominated for the Indie Prize, Momocon Indie Awards and was bundled in with the IndieBox. Their newest game, Slime-san, has been nominated for numerous awards, was shown at several exhibits, was part of tons of conventions and is published by Headup Games on Xbox, PS3 and Switch. It is currently ranked as one of the best Switch games on Metacritic. Fabraz is also behind a bunch of other exciting prototypes and game jams!
More information on Fabraz, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Planet Diver Credits
Lead and Artist
Lead and Programmer