Based in New York, United States
August 1, 2010
Press / Business contact:
917 832 4901
Fabraz is an independent game development studio that prides its diversity both in design, and its developers. Drawing from minds and talent found in New York, Boston, Berlin, Zurich and Bangkok, it is a breeding ground of creativity. Their first game, the critically acclaimed Cannon Crasha, was an action-strategy title released for iOS and Android, and was featured as "...a sure-fire winner!" by Apple. Their second game, Planet Diver, was published on Steam and has been nominated for the Indie Prize, Momocon Indie Awards and was bundled in with the IndieBox. Their newest game, Slime-san, has been part of the official Indie Arena selection and is published by Headup Games. They're also behind a bunch of other exciting prototypes and game jams!
Besides game development, Fabraz is also behind the currently 5 year old and still running webcomic "the tale of Aeria" and has done design work for Zaha Hadid, Baz Luhrmann, Conan O'Brian, Wired, ProHelvetia, Photoshop Creative, Galerie Gmurzynska and more. Fabraz is about entertainment and experimenting in every possible media.Who’s Fabian Rastorfer?
Fabian Rastorfer is the founder of Fabraz and handles all the Design/Implementation work. He was one of the lead developers and primary artist behind all games at Fabraz. He's also the steady hand behind the webcomic The Tale of Aeria, which currently is rocking over 2000 views a day, and has worked with ProHelvetia, Zaha Hadid, Conan O'Brian and more. Graduated in Design and Technology from Parsons.Who’s Ben Miller?
Ben Miller handles all Development work at Fabraz. He graduated from Eugene Lang College of the New School studying music and games, as well as from Parsons Design and Technology MFA program. He was one of the lead developers and primary programmers behind most games at Fabraz. You won’t find anyone else as dedicated as him.Who’s Markus Jost?
Markus is one of the best developers in the business. After his studies at the Zurich University in Information Technology, he gained experience and advanced his career as a software engineer in Switzerland. In 2008 he won an international contest by Microsoft on a game of his that earned him the right to work on major Microsoft titles such as the Path of Go.Who’s Songwut Ouppakarndee?
Songwut Ouppakarndee grew up near Bangkok, Thailand. He’s done several breathtaking projects, involving anime and manga, and is the primary artist behind the Tale of Aeria. His primary skills are illustration, animation and a keen sense of narrative structure.
Slime-san Trailer YouTube
Planet Diver Trailer YouTube
Cannon Crasha Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Fabraz, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Slime-san and Planet Diver: Official Selection of the Gamescom Arena Booth" - August, 2016
- "Slime-san and Planet Diver: IndiePrize Finalist: Tel Aviv" - September 27, 2016
- "Slime-san: Game Development World Championship: Semi-finalist" - October 31, 2016
- "Slime-san: Playcrafting 16Bit Awards: Best Style Nominee" - November 23, 2016
- "Slime-san: IndiePrize Finalist: Berlin" - December 23, 2016
- "Planet Diver: MomoCon Indie Prize Finalist" - March, 2016
- "Planet Diver: IndiePrize Finalist: Singapore" - April, 2016
- "Planet Diver: Bundled with the IndieBox" - April, 2016
- "Cannon Crasha: Best Action Game by Apple" - 4 April, 2014
- "Mutiny on Samovar V: Top 300 Overall in Ludum Dare 32" - 25 May, 2015
- "Oh holy god, this (Cannon Crasha) is so good... So much win here."
- Mike Fahey, Kotaku
- "...it’s obvious the team at Gangogames and Fabraz are going all-out to make this (Cannon Crasha) one a big value."
- Justin Davis, IGN
- "...Cannon Crasha is a great addition to any iPad game library and a must-have for fans of games like Angry Birds."
- Mike Wehner, TUAW
- "...Cannon Crasha has enough to keep you entertained for a long time."
- Christian Leed, IGM
- "The Wild Wild Pixel has caught my attention at a time when I’m dipping back into the point and click world (...) I hope the Kickstarter reaches at least 60k..."
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "In conclusion, this game is cool as hell and no one knows about it."
- Super Bunnyhop, Youtube Video
- "Planet Diver is a very good arcade game that is both humorous and engaging with its retro style that is quite enjoyable. Fabraz has managed to create a very agreeable game for the iPhone and iPad."
- Kick My Geek, Article
- "For those curious, Planet Diver is a curiosity worth playing."
- Hooked Gamers, Article
- "Giant worm eats Slime. Slime slides down worm’s belly. What could go wrong?"
- Kevin McMinn, Nintendo News
- "A cute and funny platformer, which requires precise and rapid movements and jumps, since the digestive acids are constantly trying to reach you!"
- Constantine Christakis, Hyper Light Up
Part of the Swiss Games Delegation
Slime-san published by Headup Games
German Publisher headupgames.com.
Slime-san shown at GOOGLE Playcrafting
As seen here. playcrafting.com.
Making Games Article on Fabraz
Extensive article on the history of Fabraz: fabraz.com.
For more information on Fabraz: fabraz.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Lead and Artist
Lead and Programmer
Lead and Programmer
Many, many more...
And we love them all!